Sunday, February 6, 2011

Trident of Knowing, Questioning, and Disproving. RAWR!

1. What is accurate?
  • There is a lot of professionalism in the field.
  • Lots of private practice.
  • There seems to be a lot of cooperation among other healthcare professions.
2. What is false?
  • I will not sit in a chair and have patients on a couch.
  • I will not be working with children.
  • I do not plan to work in or for the military.
3. What am I unsure of?
  • Why there are kids always involved in the perception of my profession.
  • Why are there all these group sessions?
  • Will I have to wear a suit everyday?
  • I hope that people don't label me as "soft" or "coddling". I am serious about this business. I am not a buddy, or a friend. I am a scientist that is practicing within the field to make the study of illness and psychology more complete. If people want a "friend" they go to a therapist. I am not a counselor nor am I therapist.
  • Making my job separate from my personal life is something I think I will struggle with.

No comments:

Post a Comment