Sunday, February 6, 2011

Putting Things Into Focus.....Ba-dum-dum Psh!

I am going to focus on finding the truth about how my "entire" profession is represented. I am going to hold numerous interviews with professionals on what I consider "both sides" of this issue. Is clinical health psychology all that different from counseling psychology? Are the two siblings borne from the same parent of applied psychology? I will assemble stereotypes, as well as primary source information, then compare the two to see if there are any strands connecting them.

1. What is clinical health psychology all about?
2. Are stereotypes representative of this sub-field within psychology?
3. Would professionals in the differing fields of psychology say that they are ok with the broad stereotypes of the profession? Do they feel they are portrayed fairly, thoroughly, and consistently?

No comments:

Post a Comment